Sunday, November 27, 2005

NC, VA, WV, KY, IN, IL and back again

We are home. And the dog is still alive. Oh and the fish too. It is good to be home, to sleep in our own beds and sit on our own coach and use our own water. And yet it is sad that the trip is over. I am a little depressed and can not come up with a good post so here is a short blog blitz of trip highlights.?
Jack pretending to be Linus and trying to use his blanket to lasso the his toy dog that he threw behind his head into the back of the station wagon.
Olivia making up songs as we traveled down the road.
Jack and Olivia being so well behaved that we made the 16 hour trip in one day on the way out.
Jack pretending to be a Scooby Doo monster by throwing his blanket over his head and growling.
Eric using his Swiss Army knife to spread peanut butter.
Seeing my family
Hanging out with Renae
Going to the movies to see Walk the Line
Chad’s seven, no six and a half, no six layer jello salad - depending
Making napkin holders with Olivia for Thanksgiving dinner
Great thanksgiving dinner
5:50 AM shopping with Renae and Alyssa.
Traveling down the road and noticing all the places where cars had hit deer.
Peering into the trees as it got dark to see if there were any deer waiting to sprint out in front of our car.
The next day noticing all the trucks parked along the highway.
Figuring out that the trucks belonged to hunters who walked into the woods from the road.
Wondering how far the hunters walked into the woods before turning around and shooting.
Now worrying about the bullets and deer coming out from the trees.
Vowing to never travel this far during deer season again.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, welcome home! It sounds like you had a great time. I missed you, though. So glad you're back.

p.s. I always get at least a little depressed after a trip. Maybe it's normal?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe our time together went so fast and now I'm all alone again. Thank you so much for coming to Fulton for Thanksgiving I had a great time with you and the family.

Post a Comment