Sunday, October 02, 2005

What happened to Bob?

I was walking into our bedroom when I heard Eric exclaim from the bathroom – I can’t believe that!!! Ok I should clarify, Jack had pooped his pants and Eric was attending to him in the bathroom. (I contemplated saying Jack soiled his pants because poop in print just seems a little harsh but as you can see I ignored that contemplation. I ignored it because soiled just sees more shameful somehow and Jack is 2.5, he is allowed to still poop his pants.) I had asked Olivia to please bring Daddy new underwear for Jack. ( I asked her because she is currently on a – I love to help, aren’t I a great helper- kick. And she is a great helper always. Which reminds me of one of my and Eric’s favorite Saturday morning cartoons from the early 90’s – Eek the Cat. Eek’s motto was – It never hurts to help!) Olivia ran and got the cool batman underwear that we somehow inherited from the preschool when Olivia was there. She was standing outside the bathroom door when Eric let loose with his exclamation. So what was it that Eric just could not believe? He could not believe that Olivia could throw the underwear just as he was flushing and that the underwear actually made it right into the potty just as it swooshed and the batman underwear escaped to the sea or at least the sewer system. I mean the odds on that happening were pretty slim so it was cool. Jack was convinced that it was his Bob the Builder underwear that had gone down the potty and for an hour afterward he kept saying Bob de Builder down the potty, Down the potty Bob. I caught him a few times just looking into the potty with hope that Bob would resurface.

5 comments:

tworivers said...

Oh dear, Beth, what a totally wonderful story!

And maybe we see in the comment that precedes mine why one should not mention 'poop' in print ... I am laughing out loud here, and it's only 5:30 in the morning ... shhhhh don't wake anyone up ...

Beth said...

tworivers, Oh my! The previous commnet sent me rushing here this morning so I could delete it! Which I have now done and so the rest of my vast readership will just have to wonder what it might have said. I was glad I could start your day out right with a good laugh but 5:30 AM?? As Olivia would say - Are you sure it is morning?? I don't see the sun.

tworivers said...

It will be our little secret ... And Olivia is quite right, it is NOT yet morning, and there is NO SUN. But that's the life I live, all too often ... so nice to have a friendly blog to turn to in the wee hours.

(Oh, did I say wee? whoops ... hope that doesn't attract that other kind of attention, too ... *wink*)

Anonymous said...

Knowing Jack, he may just find some other incredible thing to take a potty dive! Better watch out.

Rebecca said...

What happened to Bob? What happened to the blog? That's what I want to know. Please update. Please. Please?

Post a Comment