Monday, July 25, 2005

Blitz blogging - deuce

Ok. I had at least five posts floating around in my brain before I left for vacation and I have at least five floating in there from my vacation so I figure I will either have to give up blogging because I will never catch up or I will have to so a blitz blog. Since I am blogging right now you can guess which I chose. However I am just going to do a blitz about the pre vacation stuff and hopefully I will have time to do the actual vacation postings. Here goes:
The playroom is done, the playroom is done, THE PLAYROOM IS DONE!!! Now let’s just hope that Field of Dreams thing works with playrooms.
Ok the playroom is not quite finished. I have this little project I told Olivia I would do that involves pull shades that will 1) hide all the mess and 2) be an interactive house and boat. (O chose the boat theme)
Fireworks! Love THEM. And Olivia was super psyched for them this year so that added to the fun. And here is a random list regarding fireworks in my life:
Best fireworks – Mid – late eighties in some small suburb of Milwaukee. It was like they handed gobs of money to a ten year old and told him to have at it. And they were shot in the air above a high school football field so the fireworks were RIGHT THERE!!!
Best fireworks I missed and my sister and my husband will never forgive me for: Quad Cities, USA December 31st, 1999.
Worst fireworks for all the hype: Rhode Island 2004
Weirdest fireworks – Wallace Wade Stadium, mid nineties. They would blast a few in the air and then like a minute later they would blast a few more. It went on FOREVER and you never knew if they were finished or not. There was never a finale.
Best Personal fireworks – The church parking lot behind my parent’s house 2000. This was for my 10th wedding anniversary and to try and make up in a small way for the December snafu.
Fireworks that always intrigued me but I never got to see them lit: all the M-80’s in my brother’s sock drawer when I was growing up. They horrified my mother but I thought if the house ever burned down at least it would be a show.
Earliest illegal firework – I was with a different brother when he drove over a bridge, lit an M-80 and threw it into the water. It actually exploded in the water. Oh and did I mention - HE WAS DRIVING!!!
What is up with Tom Cruise?? At least I don’t have to think he is an antichrist. Not subtle enough.
Ben married Jennifer Gardner?? How come I did not know this? And what about Renee marrying that country singer? Oh and Sandra and Jesse James!!!. How come I did not know about these things?? Oh yeah that’s right – no more Entertainment Weekly.
Really I promise to grow up sometime soon.
I really think we need to reconsider how we celebrate Christmas and make it more like we celebrate July 4th. With the Fourth there are no presents, no glamorous food, and no stress. You grill, dress up in red white and blue, sit around outside – by a pool or the beach if you are lucky - and then later gather with complete strangers to oohh and aahh over exploding light and sound. When was the last time you gathered with complete strangers to celebrate Christmas?
Books books books. I have so many to read and currently none of them are for a book club. One of them however is the new Harry Potter – I ordered it from the Amazon UK and it arrived while I was on vacation. And since this is getting too long for a blitz I think I will end and go read the new Harry Potter. Oh but one last thing – THE PLAYROOM, THE PLAYROOM, THE PLAYROOM (AKA the vampire flamingo room) IS FINISHED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment