Sunday, June 19, 2005
To pee or not to pee
I will try and summarize our very eventful weekend. Hopefully I will not bore you too much. Where to start? Jack. Last week we started potty training Jack. He did so well the first day that I was really thinking that he might have this down pat by the end of the week. I am so optimistic in the beginning. When will I learn? Well basically he probably would have this thing down pat if we, his parents, did not get tired after four accidents and break the cardinal rule of potty training and put pull ups on him. I know I know! But really I know he understands it and is just being stubborn about it. Listen to this. Today Jack was playing in the kid pool at our house. Olivia had asked that we put bubbles in the pool so I put in the bubbles and about three inches of water and Jack just had a BLAST. I was really surprised at how much fun he was having and more importantly – how he was maintaining the fun and staying in the pool. He was most interested in dipping his chin in the bubbles and making a bubble beard. Well who can resist taking a pic of that? So I went inside to get the camera. Of course he was getting out of the pool when I got back outside and when he saw I had the camera he headed straight for me to try and play with the camera. Eric and I both said to him – No Jack get back in the pool so we can take a picture of your bubble beard. So Jack got back in the pool. I started to take a pic and he turned, put his hand up and said – NO PICTURES!!! I just kind of laughed and took another picture. He was very upset by this and stamped his foot, held up his hand and yelled again – NO PICTURES!!! So I lowered the camera. He then got into position by getting on his belly in the pool and dipping his chin in the water. He then looked up at me, smiled and nodded that it was now OK for me to take the picture, which I did. Now you tell me. If he can understand that much about me taking his picture in the pool, don’t you think he understands me when I say – no pee pee IN your pants, only IN the potty. Pee pee IN the potty. ??
No comments:
Post a Comment