Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Party

The party was a success. The children played, they participated in the treasure hunt, they ate, they played, they gave gifts, they were all nice and well mannered and they laughed quite a bit so I will assume they all had fun. Olivia had a wonderful time but if you ask her about the party, her first comment will be about how she did not get to feed a bone to her own dog (who cares if she gets to do this almost every day and her friends do not!) and then she will tell you all about her friends who came and all the gifts she was given.
If you ask me about the party, I will rant about how, out of the blue, Party City will only give you balloons before 4:00 pm if you preordered them. So I had to go to a grocery store, wait about 20 minutes to watch a very nice but very slow worker blow up 15 balloons and then I had to pay $18 for them 18 DOLLARS!!!! (Just so you can compare - Party City balloons are twice as big and cost half as much - But only if you pre order.) And how one popped as soon as we got to the car. And this morning all of them were on the floor. They did not even last 24 hours.
Then I will comment on how only 4 of the families were willing to drop off their child at the party so I had about 8 adults just standing around staring.
One person who was willing to leave but I urged to stay was RS and thank goodness for her willingness to stay or I would have no pics of the party. And I would have had no one to share a smile with that said "why are all these people staying??" An added bonus was that she talked to everyone and now knows the parents better than I do.
Pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment