Monday, March 07, 2005

Happy Birthday to Jack

Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted. I am still recovering from Jack turning TWO!!! Oh my word. His birthday lasted all week. First we celebrated with a clown cake Made by my babysitter's mom. Jack was not interested at all in eating the cake. He just wanted me to keep lighting the candles so he could blow them out again. We did that four or five times and then I started to get scared he was really liking the flame so we stopped. I really don't need a pyro in the family.
G&G R also called to sing happy birthday to Jack. (Jack can actually sing the song himself. He started doing that about a week before his birthday. Did I mention that before??) I am not sure if it was the singing or the fact that I had them on speaker phone and Jack thought the wall was singing to him. Either way he was COMPLETELY freaked out. He tried to climb up into my arms when I wasn't fast enough to pick him up and then he would not let me put him back down. I am sure you would be freaked out too if the wall started singing.
On Thursday I actually made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and brought it to Shepherding Group - similar to a small group or Bible study at church. I spelled out Happy Birthday with that pure sugar cake candy you can buy at any grocery store. I LOVE cake candy. And the bonus is that most people hate it so I get to eat their candy as well. This time Jack actually ate the cake and some ice cream. This is a big step for Jack since he usually does not eat either when it is offered to him.
Finally on Saturday we had RS and her family over for pizza and a party. We had an activity planned if the evening got dull but really there was no need as the kids played Circus in Jack and Olivia's room jumping from the top of the bunk on to a bean bag chair. As you can see from the photos, this time we just put the candles on the Pizza. This is because we had just eaten cake at RS' for her daughter's birthday party. Again, I think Jack may have liked the flames a little too much. And finally Jack got to open some gifts. And just as an FYI for those of you who sent money but have no idea what your funds bought Jack for his Birthday. Great G&G bought him a sticker book with over 75 stickers and also a magnetic construction vehicle book. You can see them in one of the pictures. And G&G R contributed to Jack's new construction vehicle quilt for his bed as well as giving Jack his FAVORITE gift which is a play lawn mower. He is very very possessive of the lawn mower and wants to take it everywhere.
Oh and in perfect me fashion, we have been searching for WEEKS for Jack's toy dog that he takes to bed and I finally gave up on ever finding it so Olivia bought him a new dog for his birthday. And then about 3 days later, Olivia found the original dog in a box of outside toys on our porch. Oh well, now Jack has two dogs to take to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment