Monday, March 14, 2005
Do you like my hat?
Do you like my hat?Jack waited a long time before he started talking. I think he could actually sing before he could talk. There was a while there when I was concerned because he had learned some basic words and then it seemed as if he had just forgotten them. I don’t think he ever really forgot them, instead he just refused to say them because he always had this little smirk on his face when we would try and prompt him to speak. But now Jack talks. He talks a lot. Occasionally I even know what it is he is saying. His favorite words are HI! Bye-bye, Please, tank you, and his most favoritest (yes I know that is not a “real” word) word phrase is HELP ME! OK maybe these are just the words that he uses most often and there is no specific liking or disliking involved. This week I noticed that when we read to him, he FINALLY started pointing at things he knows and saying their names and, get this, if it is an animal and he knows what sound it makes he will say that as well! Cow Moo Dog Woof Cat Meow Brilliant! Another thing I noticed is he has started asking “What’s that?” Then today, today Jack did something that thrilled me and made me laugh. We have the Eastman book GO DOGS GO. We read it quite a bit because both Jack and Olivia like it. In fact we have it in the original form AND as a board book. Yesterday morning he brought it to me and he said something but I couldn’t quite understand it. Something about his hat but he had the book in his hand so what could it be??? OF COURSE! He said –Do you like my hat? (for those of you who aren’t currently reading this book and don’t remember it from your childhood - Do you like my Hat is an ongoing story/gag in the book between a prissy pink poodle and a very masculine yellow dog) YAY JACK. And I said – No I do not like that Hat. Jack said Good-bye and then we sat down and read the book. And to think I was worried he would never talk.
1 comment:
We LOVE Go Dogs Go! And Go, Jack! And Everett will be reading that book soon, so Go, Everett!
Post a Comment