Saturday, February 19, 2005

Eats Paint

We have been filling out a lot of forms for the kids recently. Forms for Thursday night at church, forms for school this year, forms for school next year, valentines… OK valentines are not forms but there were a lot of them to fill out!
One form we filled out for Jack for school/daycare next year had a spot where you could fill in something the school should know about your child. I wrote in that he likes to climb. This is very true. He likes to climb and then he likes to swing or dangle from whatever he has climbed. I thought it was important that they know this. Mostly so it won’t scare them the first time he dangles from the ceiling lights. But I think I should have also written that he likes art supplies. His father is an Art Teacher so they may guess this but while Jack does like to use them for their intended purpose he also likes to eat them. I can not get him to try my grape juice in the morning and he will not usually eat ice cream or finish a cookie but he will regularly eat the erasures off of pencils, lick paint off of brushes, chew paper, tastes glue sticks, colors his tongue and teeth with markers and his all time favorite….. eating playdoh. Someone suggested I make him edible finger paint but I really don’t think he would notice a difference from the usually stuff and really wouldn’t that be encouraging his art supply eating habit?
He also likes the printer cartridge in the computer printer. So perhaps I should told the school not to worry if they find him dangling from the ceiling lights while sipping on paint… that is Just Jack. (I think Eric was a paste eater as well when he was young!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are so funny! So Funny!!! This is a terrific posting! And it makes me look forward even more to my Beth Weekend!

Post a Comment