Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Odds and Ends

Last week ended up not being as rushed as I thought. My Pretzel Yummies turned out great and even though the recipe claims you can only make 25 stickes, I got double that amount so I did not need to make any additional cookies.!!! The cookie exchange was very nice and we have a nice varitey of cookies to munch.
Olivia's Christmas program was also very nice. I did splurge and buy her the "Christmas dress I always wanted as a kid" ( and probably still want today) It wasn't really a splurge price wise. It cost 20 bucks at target. It was a "not very practical" kind of splurge. Normally I would just buy her something that could pass for Christmas but that she could wear all winter long. The shoes were also a splurge and I am sorry you can not see them. They are shiny black with little sparkling crystals on the straps. She is only allowed to wear them to church because at school, one trip to the sandbox would ruin them.
My big news is that yesterday I bought a new vacuum cleaner - thanks to Eric' s Christmas bonus. It was on sale at .... TARGET of course. It is a bagless one and so far it works great. I had just vacuumed the whole house with our old vacuum on Saturday but of course I had to try out the new one and you should have seen the dirt it was able to suck out of my rug. Amazing really. Who ever came up with that bagless idea was a genious! I love being able to see how much dirt was picked up each time.
Ok that's it for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new vacuum is a wonderful thing, yes? I've only had a new vacuum twice: once when we got married and again sometime during Emma Grace's baby-hood when our vacuum suddenly died and for a while I was using the neighbor's. I would like a new vacuum again. Not so much because I need one, but because it would be new and not so tired and I'm sure it could suck up even more than the one I have now does. Sigh.

Happy Vacuuming!!! -rs

Post a Comment