Here are some pics of the kids with their advent calendar. In previous years we have used and reused a lego advent calendar but this year we decided to get a new advent calendar and we went with the playmobil one. Here's the deal. The Lego calendar is all set and ready to go when you open the box. There are 24 doors which open and hold 24 different prepackaged mini lego sets. The sets usually build a vehicle of some kind and you can often make more than one vehicle from each mini set. The playmobil set is made of 24 different sized boxes which you can on a picture calendar and each box holds a part to a Christmas scene. So once you have opened all the boxes you have one large set to play with. It is fun. But when we gave it to the kids on December 1st I assumed it would be like the Lego set - all set to go, no assembly required - but when Olivia opened the box it was a jumbled mess of boxes that had to be assemble and a bunch of pieces that had to be taken apart and put in the individual boxes. So I quickly grabbed the box back, made her and Jack leave the room and "quickly" assembled the calendar. OH MY WORD!!
So the cool thing about the playmobil calendar is I think it is more fun to play with but next year I think we will get a new Lego calendar and just let the kids play with this playmobil set during Christmas. Because I am all about the ready to go toys and not thrilled with "some assembly required"!
No comments:
Post a Comment