So Olivia has finally started drawing stick people. I may have mentioned earlier that I freaked out because "all the other kids" in her class could color between the lines and draw stick people but Olivia couldn't/wouldn't. Eric was all - it will happen sometime don't worry. Of course I wanted to sit down with her and just show her how to do it but Eric was not for pushing this on her. He did kind of explain to her about coloring something in and she got better at coloring in coloring books but when ever she would draw on her own it would just be scribbles. Well I think the teachers at our Thursday night church group starting showing her how to draw princesses and now she draws people and animals and she colors them and gives them features. Notice the nice pink shoes I have on in the picture below!!! I am thrilled. Not that I ever doubted it would happen but now that it has happened she will sit at the table and just draw for 30 minutes or more. YES!!!!!!! And I of course think her drawings are brilliant, simply brilliant. I even went out and bought this square whole punch thing so I can make construction paper frames to hang her art work. Of course the construction paper I bought was too small so I had to use aluminum foil but a silver frame is just as cool as a color coordinated one!
No comments:
Post a Comment