So On Saturday Eric took the kids out for the morning so I could clean up the mess that was their closet. Note this was not a search and destroy mission of things that were no longer needed. This was simply a re-organize all the stuff that had been stuffed into the closet for about the last year. I should have taken before and after pictures. YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZED!!!! Anyhow Eric took the kids to Mickie Dees for breakfast - the kids shared pancakes and Eric of course had the Egg McMuffin. He then took the kids to Michaels and Staples and then ended the morning at Barnes and Nobles. Now I may not have figured out how to get away for a weekend alone with my husband but I have mastered having my husband take the kids out for the day so I can get some work done. ANYHOW all of this to say that while in Michaels Eric stumbled upon a huge bag of pipe cleaners. 350 to be exact and he bought it for Olivia. When they got home she spent the whole day making flowers out them, naming the flowers and deciding to whom she should give certain flowers. She also played out a story with the flowers acting as characters. I think this may have been one of our best buys ever because she spent most of Sunday doing this as well. What was Jack doing during all of this? Mostly trying to figure out how to get his hand on the pipe cleaners but also saying a few new words - but only saying them once! Once he has said the word he obviously feels there is no reason to ever repeat it. Except for the word UH-OH which he does say over and over.
No comments:
Post a Comment