Wednesday, September 22, 2004

What have we been up to??

Wow I posted the pics below the night before I went in for my gall bladder surgery. We had a great weekend with our friends from our Shepherding group at Church. One of the couples' families owns a house on Wrightsville Beach in Eastern NC. The Great Grandfather bought the land and the house for 3000.00 in 1920 and the house has stayed in the family ever since. All the relatives still use it. It is a very nice house and it held 15 adults and 8 kids. OH MY!!! The other little girl in my pics is Ivy Young one of Olivia's good friend from church.
But what have we been doing since then???
Well as mentioned I had my gall bladder taken out last Tuesday. Recovery is going well. My one odd observation from the overnight outpatient stay - can it really be outpatient if I stayed overnight??? - was that the night Nurses at the outpatient center were all hurt. Now these were not the over night nurses, these were the 4-11 nurses and they were all - there were three of them -very overweight and either hobbled from the wall to the bed to the IV or walked with a cane. Isn't that odd. One person I told this to said - my what if they had to evacuate you all for some reason what would they have done? Now I don't think this would have been a real problem because they could have leaned on the beds while they pushed us out and there were only 8 of us. And really if worse came to worse I could have crawled out of the building if needed and maybe even have dragged to guy in the next room with me.
Now if I were to post a pic it would either have to be of my 4 incisions on my abdomen but really that would not be a pretty picture. The normal state of my abdomen alone would not be pretty so adding in the incision would just make it horrific! The other pic possibility (and I may be able to post this later) would be a pic of Eric in his hockey gear. Yes, finally as a 35 year old Eric is realizing his dream of playing hockey on a team. His league is made up of a bunch of guys who can barely skate and have just learned about hockey. If nothing else it should prove to be comic relief for us all.
And right now I could take a picture of crying Olivia. All upset because we won't let her sleep on her closet floor tonight. We will let her sleep there now but not when she really needs to be going to bed. I know we are horrible parents. OH Eric has just solved the problem by promising her she can sleep in her sleeping bad on top of her bed. I wonder if we can use that to get her to go to bed early???? Doubtful.
Oh and just for the record I would make a horrible stay at home mom because I would just become addicted to Dr. Phil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for NOT posting the incision pics (ARE there incision pics?). The photos you posted are GREAT! I can't pick the one I like the most. The ones of Eric with the kiddos are fabulous: Eric and Jack in the surf, Eric and O in the waves. Wow! Wow! Wow! I'm so glad you had such a good time.

And Eric is playing hockey? That is so cool! I had no idea that this was brewing. How can this be?

by the by, I saw that you posted on my other blog-friend's site, and you suggested that perhaps you might meet said friend via me sometime. Have we forgotten that you already met this friend in my kitchen in May? Well, I'm reminding you now. -rs

Beth said...

No there are no incision pics. I should take one though because how else can I prove I had it removed? I mean anyone could say they had theirs removed but how can we really know for sure - shy of carrying one's medical records around as proof. Which leads me to this Jump in conversation. I think instead of having to do a follow up visit I should be able to just take a pic of my abdomen and email that to the Doc. Once he has it he can call or email and I could confrim that I feel fine and thus no need for an in office visit. BRILLIANT I AM TELLING YOU.
And Yes I have been introduces to Emily but I really don't think exchanging names in your kitchen as I was dropping off my child as really meeting someone. I think one has to at least spend 5 minutes in conversation before I can really say I have meet someone. That is why I am always trying to get out a conversation with people after 4 minutes. Because once you hit 5 there is some sort of I have meet you before commitment involved.

Anonymous said...

The other option (for evidence, that is) would be carrying your gall bladder around in a baby food jar full of formaldehyde. No one could say that it wasn't your gall bladder. And everyone would pity you for how beat up it looks.

This is a great idea. Do you think your doctor still has your gall bladder?

Post a Comment