Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Off to school we go

I had a similar but better picture of Olivia with her school bag from this morning but trying to get the picture on the site turn out to be more of a hassle than I had expected. The process is really easy. The thing that slowed me down was Jack trying to type on the keyboard while Olivia kept wanting to see all the pictures of her and then continually asked if she could take a picture of something. And then there was the little glitch of the picture having to be rotated which the program that posts the picture to the site could not do so I had to open another program. Thus more keyboarding attempts by Jack and more pleading by Olivia until finally we got the picture posted.
This was followed by only two other "catastrophes" before we finally left for school. One involving Jack wearing an old hat of Olivia which she wanted to insist still fit HER and she wanted to wear it. Even though prior to Jack having the hat on his head she could have cared less about the too small for her head hat.
The final morning outbreak involved shoes. Olivia insisted that she wanted to wear yellow shoes and not pink shoes to school which would have been fine if she had yellow shoes but she doesn't. Once I convinced her that I could not magically have yellow shoes appear and pointed out that her sandals did have yellow flowers on them she did relent but was still unhappy about not having yellow shoes.
I was so glad when Ms. Margaret showed up and we could leave for school.


No comments:

Post a Comment